Use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
Apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
-Engages in the informational literacy process: accesses, evaluates, and communicates information and ideas-Applies digital tools to gather, evaluate and use information
-Uses a variety of skills and strategies to comprehend nonfiction and informational text
-Applies digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information
-Understands human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior
Process we talked about in class today:
High Plains Library District (Click High Plains Library District Tab)
1. Use Points of View Database to examine current issue to write a persuasive paper. You will not use the Points of View article in your research. Use this article to find keywords and to get general background information on your topic.
2. Look at the Bibliography in the Points of View Article.
3. Go to the High Plains Library Database page and find EBSCOHost Research Database.
4. In EBSCOHost "select all."
5. Advanced Search: Find the article you want to read from the Bibliography in your Points of View article. Search using the title of article and publication (journal) name.
If you are not using the Points of View Database, you can go directly to
1. EBSCOHost Research Database
2. General Reference
3. Advanced Search
-Click Full Text
-Make sure your articles are from 2011-2016
-Click Peer Reviewed
Remember to cite your source using EasyBib.com!