Engage in the information literacy process: access, evaluate, and use information and ideas.
- Analyze differences among various informational materials in terms of structure and purpose
- Identify keywords and synonyms for topic searches
- Create effective searches of print material by identifying appropriate keywords
- Locate specific information within a source
- Identify the authority of an author in print materials
- Evaluate sources for fact, opinion, propaganda, currency and relevance
- Recognize the importance of the publication date as an indicator of information currency
- Plan strategies to utilize digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information
- Use critical thinking skills to conduct research, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate technological tools and resources.
- Use a variety of skills and strategies to comprehend nonfiction and informational text.
- Utilize digital tools and resources to investigate real-world issues, answer questions, or solve problems